Tuesday 22 December 2009

"The poor thing will be bald!"

During the summer months I'm on the show circuit (county shows, game fairs, canal shows, dog shows, that sort of thing). To most effectively demonstrate our Hair-raiser dog comb I take Phoebe, our labrador, with me.

So, between March and October, Phoebe spends her weekends being endlessly groomed. (She loves it!)

Often, when I turn to Phoebe for the next demo the customer-to-be, knowing that this will be her nth grooming of the day will exclaim: "The poor thing will be bald!"

To which, with the patience of a saint, I'll respond that the comb doesn't remove any live hair at all - it just collects dead hair from the coat. Two strokes of the Hair-raiser (even after over six months of intensive weekend grooming) and that's - usually! - another one sold!


No comments:

Post a Comment